We specialise in the supply of both 3D and 4D number plates. All our number plates meet current legal legislation, in particular the British Standard for number plates.
The British Standard sets out the characteristics of the number plate. This includes visibility, strength and reflectivity. To meet the British Standard, each of our number plates are legibly marked with the British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d), our name and registered postcode.
It is important to note, our shortened plate will still show the British Standard BS AU 145d markings as well as our own name and postcode. To adhere to the legal requirement, shortened plates will also show all characters with the correct spacing. We are unable to move characters or alter spacing for number plates that are going to be used on the road.
Please contact us for show plates or showroom plates that are being used for non-road use.
TB Customs is an authorised producer/supplier of number plates in the United Kingdom, providing you, our customer with complete peace of mind that you are dealing with a fully legal, UK based business. You can find further confirmation of our authencity by visting the Goverment website and searching for us under postcode YO421NR.
When purchasing replacement number plates for use on the road, we will contact you after the purchase to request one of the following:
- Vehicle registration certificate (V5C or V5CNI)
- Green ‘new keeper’ slip from the V5C or V5CNI
- Certificate of entitlement (V750 or V750NI) to the number
- Retention document (V778)
- A renewal reminder for vehicle tax or Statutory Off Road Notice (SORN) (V11 or V11NI)
- Temporary registration certificate (V379 or V379NI)
- A number plate authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
- An electronic number plate authorisation certificate (eV948 or eV948/2)
- A letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference number from the registration certificate
- If your fleet is in the new V5C on demand scheme (also called ‘V5C suppression’), a PDF of the vehicle’s details from the view vehicle record service
- UK trailer registration certificate (VTRC)
We generally dispatch number plates within 24 hrs of your order being placed. We send all number plates by registered DPD courier service using their express next day service at no extra charge (FREE). Please provide your mobile contact number with your order. This way, you will receive tracking updates from DPD and in most locations, you will be provided with a 1 hour time slot on the day of delivery.
We only use quality materials in the production of your number plates. All components are made in the United Kingdom and therefore we are more than confident to offer a unique 2 year guarantee with all our 3d and 4d number plates.
We recommend 3D and 4D plates are fixed to your vehicle using strong double sided adhesive pads (in most cases we recommend five evenly spaced, vertical pads. It is also important to ensure the surface is cleaned prior to fixing and also a final clean with the use of an alcohol wipe. We don’t include these fixings as standard with our number plates. However, you can add these to your order before checkout – Click here for more details